Situated between Inverness and Nairn, the castle provides superb fully modernised accommodation, yet offers great character and charm standing in beautifully secluded landscaped gardens, yet only 20 minutes from Inverness.
As mentioned the castle is a classic Scottish tower house complete with a beamed Great Hall and large fireplace, a stone spiral main staircase, a secret staircase, turret rooms, shot holes and arrow slits and leaded windows in the Sitting Room. Guests have the use of the beautifully landscaped gardens.
Built by Simon, first Lord Lovat, in 1620 and held by the Lovat Frasers until 1703 Dalcross Castle then became the home of the Mackintosh Clan. In 1746 Dalcross was the rallying point for Cumberland's troops who quelled the Jacobite uprising at the Battle of Culloden. The Laird's wife raised her own troops in support of Bonnie Prince Charlie.
The present owner has brought accommodation standards into the 21st century whilst retaining the essence of the castle. Fine fabrics, subtle lighting and decoration have been carefully selected to enhance the castle's character. Log fires crackle in the reception rooms and bedrooms have the benefit of gas fires and en-suite bathrooms. Excellent central heating and first quality appliances ensure that guests enjoy the historic atmosphere in the greatest of modern comfort.
Linen, towels, LPG central heating, logs and two hours housekeeping per day.Colour tvs, video, stereo, gas hob, electric ovens, fridges, freezers, washing machines, tumble dryer, dishwashers, telephone/fax/computer access/ (billed after stay)